Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting slightly better

Today's run: 9.6km, 1 hr 15 mins 49 secs

Well it's getting a little bit better. My legs felt better today than they have over the last few runs, which was pleasing. My head was in a slightly better space today too, although it wasn't quite where it needed to be to completely get my mojo back. It was raining quite steadily during my run too, so I think the fact that I didn't pack the run in earlier was quite positive too.

I'm worried I've lost interest too much to get in the last few long runs I need for the HM I have planned. I don't want to lose interest... I want to be a runner, but I've been struggling with enjoying running for the last week or two. In the meantime, I'll keep trying...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worry a lot about losing interest too, I'm not motivated enough sometimes. I like getting back into my jeans, and I like feeling healthy, but boy I get bored out there pounding the pavement. I have, however, discovered trail running and it's so much nicer.Can you hook up with someone and head out to the trails - it might re-enthuse you.

Before I'm 35 said...

I think it is very cyclical for some of us. Sometimes my running game is on, other times it is a complete struggle to get out there. It makes me wonder if those people who "love" it aren't lying sometimes! I've been doing this for over a year - when when the love happen??

Like Audrey said, maybe changing up your routes will help. I sometimes get a little more excited if I have a new route to try out. Good luck!

Megan Hall said...

Wow, this feeling sure is going around these days.