Sunday, August 17, 2008

(Almost) back into it

Today's run: 5km, 35 mins 30 secs

This morning I watched the women's marathon at the Olympics on tv. Man, those women run literally twice as fast as I do, and for twice as far as I have ever run. Which brings me to what has been sitting at the back of my head for a little while.... I think one of the reasons why I have lost my mojo so badly is that what I really loved about training for and running a half was working towards a goal and achieving it... it wasn't so much about the running necessarily. My plan is to do the Central Coast Half in December, and then perhaps Canberra Marathon in 2009. Perhaps I am getting a little ahead of myself, but just aiming for another half doesn't have the same appeal to me. We will see how I go.

At least it got me motivated enough to get out the door to run the 5km to run to Dad's tonight for dinner!

2 comments:

Megan Hall said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about being both inspired and humbled by the Olympians running twice as fast as we do!

If your next race is another half - and just running one doesn't have the same appeal as before - can you make your goal to improve your speed?

Anonymous said...

Are there any trail runs being organised in your area? I find that when I've got no mojo, getting out into a different environment gives me a bit of a lift and I feel a bit more enthused.