Friday, October 23, 2009

And again...

Well, I've started on another comeback attempt on running. I've run a couple of times now, but I hadn't blogged about it yet just in case it didn't stick. I've also been doing some long bike rides, as I'm doing the Sydney to the Gong bike ride in a week or so.

So far, I've only done about 5 to 6.5km runs, but I have been pleasantly surprised that I have been able to run at about the same times as previously when I was running consistently. I did an informal 5km run at race pace last Friday with a group of Coolrunners, and I managed 30 mins 41 secs. My best for 5km is 29 mins 54 secs so I was pretty pleased with myself!

This morning I had to go to a course for work so I was able to get up at my normal time and fit in a run before work... I felt great going off to work knowing it was done for the day! Problem is on any normal day I leave so early I would be running in the dark, and I'm not fussed about that in my area.

This Sunday I have an actual 5km race planned, and the forecast is for rain, so we'll see how hard core I will be with my running! (And what kind of time I can post!) I've also lined up a work friend to run with each Thursday afternoon so hopefully that will motivate me a little.

Anyway, stay tuned for future posts!

No comments: