Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Counting down the days...

Today's run: 6.4km, 47 mins 6 secs

As I left work this afternoon, I said to my colleague "If I can't tell you tomorrow morning that I went for a run tonight, then please kill me!" So under that sort of pressure, I went for a run this afternoon, even though I was pretty bushed and really didn't feel like it. As normal, though, I didn't feel too bad once I got there.

The run itself was ok. No niggles and I managed a reasonable pace considering I raced on Sunday, so that was good. Didn't want to push things too much today though. I had hoped to do 8km, but I didn't get home from work early enough and by the time I had started it was already starting to get dark, and I won't run in my area in the dark.

Counting down the days now until my half. I need to start getting all my gear organised so that I don't forget anything. On the other hand, not thinking about it has been a great strategy at the moment for not getting nervous, so perhaps I will leave the organisation until later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the same thing, I just dread going out for a run, particularly if it's a bit cold, but once I'm out there, it's always better. Good to hear there's no niggles this close to your half. Not long now!!