Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's been a while...

Today's run: 3.2km, 23 mins 38 secs

This is my first run back after my half last Sunday. On Monday, I could barely get around, I felt every little movement in all my joints and stairs were a problem. Tuesday was better - I felt very stiff but could get around reasonably ok. On Wednesday and Thursday I felt good, but didn't get home until really late. It was already dark and I don't fancy running in my area in the dark on my own. So no run then. Friday afternoon is drinks with the girls after work, so I figured I may as well just call this a week off and be done with it.

I have been eating like a guts all week - lots of work stresses happening, plus with being away last weekend I haven't done any grocery shopping and have had very little food left to choose from! I can actually feel the difference in my pants with eating rubbish and no running this week. Must work on that!

This mornings run was ok. It was nice to get out this morning, although I didn't have much energy in my legs and I think I need to build up a little again. I also need to get some direction pretty soon, I feel a bit aimless without a goal in sight. Only managed a measly 3.2km, but I just didn't have the heart or energy to go further.

Onwards and upwards eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so hear ya!! I'm still feeling aimless after my half, with no goal to aim for. I tell a lie, I want to do the Great Ocean Road marathon next May but it's hard to focus on something that far away. I'm going to have to find something to focus on.
I don't like running around my area in the dark either, it's limiting though at this time of year when the sun comes up so late and sets early.