Saturday, May 10, 2008

I should have run on Thursday

Today's run: 6.4km, 48 mins 4 secs

Since last weekend, I only ran 5km on Wednesday and now this morning. I was planning on running on Thursday, and felt ok when I left work, but once again on my drive home I truly struggled to keep my eyes open I was that tired. So when I came home, I managed to convince myself that curcling up on the couch for a while would be a good thing. Truth be told, I actually felt better when I got home and I'm sure I could have managed a run, but I just didn't.

So when I ran this morning, I really thought that I would have been a bit faster and felt better after quite a rest. Not that my run was bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about. I ran in my local park, where they're setting up all the finishing chutes and tents and things for the Mother's Day Classic tomorrow that I'm running there. It will be interesting to see what my time is. I don't want to go all out because it's only a week until my half, but I would like to go faster than I did a couple of months ago when I ran my first 8km.

Off to get my mother's day things in order for Mum tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the Mothers Day Classic too, in Brisbane. I'm looking forward to it, it should be a fun day out. Have a good time tomorrow!