Saturday, March 28, 2009

Numbers

Today's run: 6km in I-don't-know-how-long

This morning I went for my longest run so far - 6km. I was pleased to be able to run this far already, and I was actually able to run the whole way without walking. But I am now very annoyed with myself... as I waited to cross the road at some traffic lights somewhere, I paused my stop watch. I would hate for my times to be even slower than what they already are because of waiting for lights to change. Problem was, as I started running again, I forgot to restart it. Consequently, I had a brief moment where I thought perhaps I had run 6km in 32 minutes (the time my watch said when I got home), followed by the realisation that I had actually paused my watch quite a while a go! I can only imagine my time was ridiculously slow.

I now have the conundrum of what time to enter into my online log. I can't not enter a time (I'm a maths teacher, I love having numbers and statistics), but as I haven't run this distance in a very long time I don't know what to estimate either.

A conundrum indeed.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Do you know how far you went in that 32 minutes? Maybe work out your average pace, and use that to come up with a 6km time. It may not be super accurate, but at least you'll be able to relax :-)