Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back to square one

Today's run: 3.2km, 26 mins 11 secs

Well for the last two weeks I have been bad and have not run. Two weeks ago we were having torrential rain everyday. I might have had some chance of convincing myself to run if it were only showering, or if there were breaks between the downpours, but not in the weather. Then last week was the last week of school. Which meant that I was in pure survival get-to-the-end-of-term mode. It was all I could do to get myself to work each day and home without falling asleep.

So there's my excuses. Sad isn't it?

Today's run, therefore, was rubbish. I had jelly legs, no energy and couldn't even run the whole way. I also had no mental fortitude to make myself keep running when it got hard.

Onwards and upwards then eh?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

My biggest issue is with mental fortitude. If it wasn't for my mind, I could do anything.