Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to the grindstone

Today's run: 4.9km, 39 mins 3 secs

First day back at school today. Man, it was hard. It's the kind of job where you really hit the ground running... there is no 'easing' back into things. All I seem to have done today is make an enormous list of things to do, not cross a single thing off, and get a big fat headache.

So after work today, I got out of there as soon as possible. I came home a crashed on the couch for an hour (I love a good nana nap), then got up, dressed and ran to Mum and Dad's for dinner. Whilst I didn't achieve anything work-wise, I really needed the sleep (I had to get up 4 hours earlier today than what I was at the end of the holidays!!!) and the run helped me clear my mind and de-stress (well, temporarily because I have now just gotten home again and seen the big fat pile of work!).

Oh well. Only an hour or so before my early term-time bedtime, so I won't get too much done tonight. I can't work just before bed otherwise I get worked up and can't sleep. Surely it can only get better!

Run wise the best thing was I have the first of my three-runs-for-the-week done, and it wasn't a bad run. (Sorry, for the moment there I forgot that this was a running blog and not an opportunity for me to just have a whinge!)

Hopefully the mood here will be better next time!

No comments: