Monday, April 27, 2009

No run, but a ride

Today's ride: 31km, 2hrs and 15 minutes

Last day of my holidays today. :-( It would have been a good opportunity to get a run in so that I didn't have to find time to run after work, but since it was a nice morning and a ride is hard to fit in too, I figured this was a good choice!

Since I'm not really big into cycling (yet?...) I just wore a long sleeve running top and some 3/4 leggins. But man, that wind was cold! I think lycra certainly offers more protection from the wind, although we have a running joke in my family about cyclists and lycra. Still, once Dad and I got going, we warmed up enough.

We are lucky that very near my place there are some reasonably new bike paths, and the route we took today was better than the one we took the other day - it is next to a freeway so far fewer roads to cross. And when I say next to a freeway, there is a wall between you and the cars and trucks, which is reassuring because I would never ride just on the shoulder of the road. I am such a woos when it comes to riding, I hate going fast down hills, I hate sharp turns, and actually I hate going up hills too for that matter.

Anyway a pleasant way to spend the morning, and to top it off, I'm off to look at lycra riding stuff this afternoon with my Dad!

No comments: