Friday, April 24, 2009

An ordinary run

Yesterday's run: 3.2km, 26 mins 4 seconds

Yesterday I went out for my normal 3.2km loop. It was my fourth day straight of running (I don't normally do that) and the day after my longest and fastest and bestest run in ages. So as expected, my legs felt like I was running through wet cement for most of the way.

I do think that there was some success in this run though.

a) I went yesterday knowing that it would be hard to fit runs in over the next few days, and I really want to achieve my '10 runs in the holidays' thing.
b) There were several times during my run yesterday when I really felt lazy and lethargic and I wanted to walk. A couple of weeks ago, I would have easily stopped running and started walking, and for the rest of the run it would be hard to convince myself to run again (walking is so much easier!). But yesterday it wasn't as hard as normal to give myself a talking to and decide not to walk, but to keep running.

However small, I'd call that a success!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Every run completed is certainly a success! Great job.