Monday, April 13, 2009

Ran out of steam

Today's run: 5.8km, 49 mins 15 secs

The first 30 minutes of today's run went a-ok. I did my usual, slow shuffle. However I got to the 30 minute mark and just ran out of steam. I think switched between walking and running, and even walking was something that seemed to suck the energy out of me.

I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise really. For one, there are the easter eggs I have been eating the last couple of days. Then yesterday's great, fast run took it out of me too. Add to that this is my third run in a row (something I haven't done for months and months) and I suppose that's a recipe for not a great run.

3 days down on my run-10-times-in-the-school-holidays goal!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

That's a good goal, take care not to injure yourself though. I'm finding that I'm a bit sorer after the last couple of days of more regular running.