Saturday, May 30, 2009

Good for time, not for distance!

Today's run: 10.8km, 1hr 41 mins 58 secs

Today, I really wanted to push myself to increase the distance of my long run. My longest run to date has been the Mothers Day Classic a couple of weeks ago, which was 8km. I want to make sure that when it comes to City to Surf time, that I can go for that length of time!

So on the one hand I was pleased that I went quite a bit further than lately, however it was super slow. There were definately several walk breaks, including most of the last kilometre, and I was very pleased when I had wait for quite a while at several sets of traffic lights to cross the road.

But the good thing is that the length of my "run" today was about the same length of time that I will likely be out on the road for the City to Surf. I'm thinking next weekend I might do the same route, hopefully walking a little less, and then increase it a little further again in a few more weeks.

Anyway, we're on the way!

No comments: