Thursday, May 14, 2009

So sleepy...

Today's run: 4.9km, 39 mins 21 secs

Well it's 9pm, and I'm in bed about to go to sleep with my lap top on my lap and the electric blanket on. It's been a busy week. I've been out on Tuesday and Wednesday until about 9:30pm each night, and tonight I was out until about 6, came home, changed and ran to Mum and Dad's for dinner. I sat on the couch for 5 minutes after dinner and the last few days really caught up with me - I just cameover so tired!

Tonights run was slow, but I got it done, and that's all I'm focusing on at the moment. After a crappy day at work, it was nice to pound away some frustrations and try and leave some of it behind. It also wasn't too cold tonight which always makes it not as hard to get out for a run.

The mother's day run last weekend was great. Mum and Dad came and watched, even though it started at 7:30am. Even though I hadn't run 8km in a long, long time, I didn't find the distance too bad, and in fact I ran the second 4km loop 2 minutes quicker than the first one. My time was about 52 minutes-ish - nothing to write home about, but remember we're trying to keep it all about having fun and enjoying it in Slow Poke land here at the moment. The goody bag was great too! A medal, tupperware drink bottle, fruit, vouchers, a magazine, some sample products and a mug. Even though it was an expensive entry, it was a good booty haul and a great cause.

OK. Now getting even more sleepy... time to turn this baby off and get some shut eye.

No comments: