Saturday, May 2, 2009

A slightly longer run

Today's run: 7.5km in 1 hr, 1 min and 8 secs

This morning I planned on runnning a little further than I have normally been running. I entered myself in the 8km Mother's Day Classic next weekend, so I figured I needed to get something in that was close to that distance as at least some sort of quasi-preparation.

It was a little cool when I headed out this morning... I could have done with gloves to start, but I am a wuss about temperature. Today's run though just wasn't a patch on yesterday evenings. I had much heavier legs, I didn't feel as smooth or comfortable, and my head wasn't in the game quite as much. Funny how sometimes runs are like that. Still, aside from a toilet stop and a couple of sets of traffic lights I had to wait at, I kept it going for the whole distance in the embarassingly slow time of an hour.

Still, it's done and I know I can run the distance now. I've just come back in and cooked and eaten my scrambled eggs for breakfast, now it's shower time and on with the rest of my day!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yes, there are some runs that are just "off," but the bright side to that is that an awesome run is just around the corner for you! That's always how it works.