Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another great training day

Today's run: 4.8km, 35 mins 31 secs
Today's ride: 19.2km, about an hour

Well as the heading says, I had another good training day today. My run felt really comfortable again. It was faster than yesterday (it would be hard to go much slower!), but I could maintain the pace the whole way. My stride felt pretty good too, and I didn't have any aches and pains or anything. My total km's for this week is hardly impressive, but hopefully the good workouts I've had this weekend will help me stay motivated and get out there during the next working week.

After my run I got straight on my bike and went for a ride. My Dad came for the ride too, which was good. He has recently gotten into cycling in a fairly big way, and whilst he is no professional yet, he is certainly better than me. For me that means that I ride much quicker when I'm with him, mostly because I don't want to not be able to keep up with a 64 year old! Whilst I haven't done much cycling except for cross training, I am starting to feel like I am getting a better cycling technique there too.

So about an hour and a half of exercise this week for me. I'm going to jump on the scales at my parents place this afternoon when I visit and if I haven't lost a kilo this week I will be mighty unhappy!!!

No comments: