Saturday, February 23, 2008

A nice slow easy hit out

Today's run: 3.2kms, 23 mins 20 secs

Todays run was another measly 3.2km, which means after 3 runs this week, I haven't even hit 10km! That's pretty sad, but at least I got out there I guess.

I felt like I could have done another lap of my route tonight without much drama - my legs felt pretty good and I had quite a bit of energy. However tomorrow morning for some crazy reason I entered myself in an 8km race (crazy since the only time I've run 8km before - which was last weekend - it took me 1 hr 6 mins!). So the legs are being saved for tomorrow morning. Tonight it was just nice to get out there for a gentle run.

Not much to report from my run either, except that about half way round I got the most intense smell of bacon wafting from a local bistro I pass. Man I love bacon! And I'm on a healthy eating thing at the moment cos I'd like to lose a few kilos. (Although in the interests of honesty I should own up to the Medium Fries I had for lunch from McDonalds.)

Will report on how the race goes tomorrow.

3 comments:

chia said...

Loads of luck to you, hope it's a great race!

Lora said...

All Forward Motion Counts!

Anonymous said...

Yep, you got out there, and that's what counts. Have fun at the race, look forward to reading about it.