Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What a wimp!

Today's run: a wussy 3.2km in 24 mins 12 secs

Well I was a bit of a wimp today. It should have been a good run, since yesterday was a rest day (it was pouring torrentially so would have been no run anyway...). I don't really like running in the afternoon after work, but I don't have much choice. In the morning it's still dark when I get up for work, and I can't get up earlier and run in the dark because I wouldn't feel safe in my area. I also don't have a treadmill and in Australia gyms tend to open at 6am at the earliest, and that's not early enough for me. Besides which, I hate dreadmills.

So I went out and ran this afternoon anyway. My legs were tired from walking around all day at work (I'm a teacher, and never sit down!), and after 6 minutes of running I had to take a toilet stop. Let's just say that the diet modifications in the hopes of me losing some weight are having an effect!!! I'm annoyed with myself because rather than just toughing it out for a bit longer, I wimped out and stopped after only 3.2km. Where once I was happy running that distance without walking, I now think that my shortest run should be 5km or so. I let myself off the hook for a longer run by reasoning that I would ride my bike for 30 mins or so too. But 10 minutes into that, one hill later, and I again wimped out. What a wimpy wimp wimp wimp.

I need to open a can of woop-ass on myself.

3 comments:

E said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. You still got out there and did something, so that counts. Hope your next run is better. :)

chia said...

Do you listen to music? Sometimes a few new tunes help me get out of a running funk. I can e-mail you my "inspiration playlist" of random happy stuff if you want some new material to work with. Just send me an e-mail at chiarunner at gmail dot com.

Anonymous said...

The hardest thing to learn (and it took me quite a long time..) is when to bin a session and come back early..

When you get it right - come home early and then say find yourself come down with flu the next day - give your self a smug pat on the back.