Thursday, February 21, 2008

So have I overdone it?

Tuesday's run: 3.2km, 24 mins 36 secs
Today's run: 3.3km, 25 mins 31 secs

Not a great running week this week. After my longest ever run on Saturday, and a 5km race on Sunday, followed by an hours bike ride, my legs just don't seem to have much in them this week.

Tuesday's run was dreadful. Not only was it really slow, but my legs felt like lead. Today wasn't much better. My legs felt a bit stronger, but today there were toilet issues. I had to stop after about 14 mins for the loo, and as I was nearing home after about 3km, I had to put aside any thoughts of continuing on another smaller loop to make the run longer. My stomach wasn't having any of that. So another dodgy run today.

I had actually entered an 8km race this Sunday last night. However that was a mistake for a number of reasons. I don't think I am ready to race that sort of distance. But besides that, I had forgotten I had agreed to go to brunch for my friends birthday that morning. So I think I will have to forfeit my $20 entry. After a lousy week at work, some great running would have perked things up.

Do your runs often match your mood?

1 comment:

E said...

Don't worry too much about it. Sometimes our bodies are just trying to tell us to take things easy for a while. You'll be back out there on excellent runs in no time.