Friday, March 28, 2008

A bad week

This week has involved no running whatsoever since my PB in the 14km race I did on Easter Monday. Partly that's because I had quite a sore shin in the 3 days afterwards, to the point where I could feel it when I walked. And part of it, I have to admit, is laziness. I've fallen off the wagon a bit. I've also eaten nothing but rubbish this week after being so good at packing salads for lunch every day in the few months prior. Today is no good for a run because it's the traditional Friday work drinks and I'll be home late, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things on Saturday and Sunday. My shin feels good now, I don't notice anything, so hopefully it goes smoothly. In a strange way, as long as I get back on track this weekend, I'm kind of glad I've fallen off the wagon a bit - I think the more I 'get back on' (so to speak), the more it reinforces running as a habit. I have missed running this week, but just haven't been able to beat the voice in my head into submission to actually get out there and do it.

I keep on thinking to myself that if I want to do a half marathon, whether it's in May or later, that I can't stop running every 5 minutes when I don't feel like it.

Hopefully my next post will be a lot more positive.

No comments: