Saturday, March 8, 2008

New longest long run

Today's run: 9.9kms, 1 hr, 20 mins, 1 sec

I impressed myself today by running 10km. Not that I thought I couldn't but I guess the part that I was really pleased about was that it was just a nice comfortable long run. No niggles, and my legs did get tired, but overall it was pretty good. I had to stop for the loo after half an hour - I must try and get that under control!

At the moment I'm trying to gear myself up for a half marathon. There are two to choose from on May 18, and I'm hoping I might be ready for one by then. I'm going to leave entering for another couple of weeks, just to make sure I keep going ok and think I can make the distance by then. The next choice is which one to do. One is the Sydney Half Marathon, which is a bit event in a picturesque part of Sydney. The other is the Canberra Half Marathon which is smaller but also around the picturesque Lake Burley Griffin, and it doesn't have time cut offs.

Time will tell whether I make it that far and which one I do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great effort to get to 10km. I know when I got there, I felt a real sense of achievement, it was a milestone, like "maybe now I'm a real runner!".
I'm aiming for a half marathon too - looking at the Brisbane Half on the 20th April, but we'll see.