Sunday, March 30, 2008

100km for March!!!

Today's run: 8km, 1 hr 1 min 23 secs

I felt pretty flat again today on my run, and in all honesty my heart wasn't really in it. But I figure that the more runs like that that I struggle through, the less I will hopefully struggle later (if that makes sense). So I kept going. It would have been really easy to stop part way through and call it quits early, but I had some pretty good motivation... if I ran 8km today I have my first monthly total over the 100km mark! 100.2km to be exact! I was planning for this to be a cut back week after last weekends big effort, but I was happy with 8km as my longest run this week.

Now just to get my head back in the right place for the upcoming half marathon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

100km in a month is great - you're going from strength to strength! Don't worry about occasional crap - I've decided that wine and chocolate are two of the five food groups, and in fact I did my fastest 5k ever after a night on the red. Yyou'll do fine in a half!