Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bleh...

Runs this week: Tuesday: 3.2km, Wednesday 3.6km - both very slow!

On Tuesday afternoon I came home early from school. That in itself was amazing because literally every day for the past few weeks there have been meetings, open nights, parent / teacher conferences etc to stay back for. By the time I got home, even though it was early, I crashed on the couch for a nana nap for over an hour! Once I got going again, I went out for my run, hoping it had cooled a bit - it hadn't. I also still had tired and heavy legs from my big efforts on the weekend.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I went out for a run after work, and once again it was pretty hot and humid. And once again, my legs were tired and heavy, and just a short run required me to do some serious talking to myself to keep my legs moving. And once again I had issues with needing to stop for the loo... I was going to run longer, but by the time I needed to stop for the second time, I have to admit I just gave up and walked home. It's a bit disappointing and frustrating really. I even tried the glass of warm water trick before I went, but no success. I don't really want to look at changing my diet either because I have just started to successfully lose some weight with my new eating habits - and they're pretty healthy. I normally have peanut butter on toast for breakfast, a salad for lunch and pasta, or rice or something fairly healthy for dinner. My snacks are now fruit and rice biscuits rather than chips and chocolate.

Hmmrphh. Here's hoping things get better.

No comments: