Friday, March 21, 2008

I managed a run today

Today's run: 8km, 1 hr 3 mins 27 secs

Well after not running all week, and being in a bit of a funk, I managed to get out for a run this morning. It was nice because, being Good Friday, it's a public holiday which meant I could get up when I wanted and run when I felt like it.

When I woke up this morning, after being stinking hot all week, it was raining and incredibly cool and overcast. The cool weather was nice, but I have to say I had doubts about whether I would manage to throw myself out the door for a run if it was still raining. Anyway, soon enough the rain stopped and I did get a run in, and I didn't even get wet!

I was hoping to do a medium-length run for me... I am entered for a 14km run on Monday (my longest run so far is 11.5km) so I didn't want to do something too long, but since this is my first run for the week I also didn't want it to be too short. I'm pretty happy with 8km, although the pace was pretty slow, and I felt like I could have run further.

Not sure at this stage whether I might go for a short run tomorrow, just to get some more kms up for the week - we'll see how I go.

Have a great long weekend everyone.

No comments: