Saturday, April 12, 2008

Confidence building...

Today's run: 16.6km, 2 hrs 16 mins 50 secs

After some cruddy running during the week, I managed to make up for things with a new longest long run. Whilst once again it was a pretty slow plod, it's confidence building in that the Hal Higdon Half Marathon plan only has 16km as its longest run. So now I figure any further I can do in training is just a bonus.

I didn't feel too bad today - no real niggles or anything. Thought I might feel worse because I didn't have breakfast before I left (it's the first day of the school holidays and I couldn't face getting up too early) plus I'm due for my time of the month and I often feel like rubbish on those days (sorry if that's TMI).

So all in all I'm pretty happy with those efforts. In fact at the moment, I seem to be struggling to increase the distance of my midweek runs more than I am with weekend long runs. Hopefully during the holidays I can rectify that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really reassuring, that Hal's got 16km as his longest run!! I find it hard to get a longer midweek run in, having to get back to deal with kiddies while hubby gets off to work. My half marathon is in only 6 sleeps now, and I'm sort of looking forward to it. Keep on going!