Sunday, April 6, 2008

Getting chilly...

Today's run: 6.4km, 49 mins 20 secs

After the clocks changed last night for the end of daylight savings, I got to sleep in for an extra hour this morning! However after a long nana nap yesterday, I wasn't really tired enough to sleep in this morning, so I got up at 6:20am. Now for me, on a weekend, when I didn't really need to, that's early! Anyway, it meant that by the time I got myself organised and out the door for my run, and back, it was still early!

My run today was pretty good. It's started to turn pretty cold in the mornings now - there is a definite 'freshness' in the mornings and evenings, although it's still lovely during the day. My calves were pretty tight after yesterday's effort, but aside from that I felt pretty good. I guess it should tell me I should stretch more after my runs, but at the end of the day I am a pretty lazy girl. Maybe one day I will get into that habit - so for now, my stretching routine is a bit sporadic.

As I said before, when I got home, it was only 8:15am, so I decided to treat myself to bacon and scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, which was lovely. So by 9am, I'd had breakfast, cleaned up, showered and dressed - again, unheard of for the weekend! Particularly when I run it usually means I'm not ready to go until much later.

Now to decide what to do with my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when I manage to get it all done that early, means the whole rest of the day is mine!! I find it so hard to get up and moving on a cold morning, and it's warmer up here in Brisbane than down your way!! All of which is a roundabout way of saying that at the moment I'm not very productive, LOL.