Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So-so midweek run

Yesterday's run: 5km, 37 mins 22 secs

Yesterday I was struggling for time to run... I had to stay late at school for a meeting and I was going to Mum and Dad's for dinner (Dad had cooked and was extremely proud of himself!) So I combined my run with the last activity and ran over to Mum and Dad's, which is 5km away. Now that daylight savings has ended it was pretty much dark when I started, and it had been raining off and on all day, so the road was a bit wet and slippery.

The moment I started the run though, I didn't feel very comfortable. The whole way I had niggles. First my shin hurt, then my knee, and back to my shin again. This has happened before, but after a few minutes, the niggles seem to go away and I start feeling good - but not yesterday. Perhaps part of the problem was that since I was only doing 5km, I had gone out with the intention of trying to make them fairly quick kms. Of course the time it took me will show that was not the case in the end - part of the is because of the niggles, but also partly because I stopped to stretch and had to wait to cross quite a few roads.

So unhappy in that it was not a great run. Happy in that I managed to sneak a run into the busy last week of term.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did well to even go out there when it's dark and glum! I'm always tempted to stay in bed!! I so hear ya about the niggles. It makes it not fun, doesn't it. Hope the legs are feeling better soon.