Sunday, April 27, 2008

A new PW for 5km but a nice run anyway

A beautiful morning for running today. When I got to the race I still couldn't work out whether to run the 5km or 10km. I ended up deciding not to push things too much and do the 5km. I'm glad I did - whilst I felt ok before hand, once I started running I knew I just didn't have the energy to go too hard. It's my worst result in a 5km race ever. So I'm pretending it's not a race - I'm counting it as race pace training for my half, since I'd like to do just under 7 min kms if its humanly possible! Oh well, a nice morning for a run, and a few more kms under my belt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you enjoyed the run and it's still training, then it's a good morning :-) Not everything has to be at full effort to get something out of it. I'm finding if I don't enjoy the process, the results don't matter.