Thursday, April 10, 2008

A new worst. run. ever.

Today's run: 3.2km, 25 mins 27 secs

I just didn't feel it today. Within 50 metres of starting, I could feel my shin playing up again, and so I contemplated walking. But then the shin was ok, and I still wanted to walk. I had a toilet break, mostly so I could stop for a moment. I kept going, but at a snails pace. And it was such a mental battle today. The only reason I kept running instead of walking was because it would have been so humiliating to think that I couldn't even do 3.2km. Even so, considering I'm going to attempt a half in 5 weeks, 3.2km as a midweek run is just weak.

School holidays for 2 weeks now... I'm hoping to get some good solid training in. Only problem is that I started getting swollen glands and an earache today so I' hoping I don't come down with something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had one of those days last week, I managed to plod 2km and hated it, felt awful so just came home. By the weekend I had a runny nose and sore throat. Take care of yourself!