Sunday, January 6, 2008

6th Jan - Climb every mountain

Saturday and Sunday have included no running for me. I had already said that I was visiting my sister and her husband for a few days, but I had intended to run on Saturday morning before I left. I woke up early enough on Saturday, got changed into my running clothes and was ready to go. However as soon as I got out of bed that morning my legs were still quite sore from the last 3 days of running. So even though I felt like a big fat quitter, I didn't run. There are lots of ways in which I feel like I let myself down by not running that day, but my logical brain tells me I did the right thing.

Today (Sunday) I hadn't planned on running, so the three of us a climbed a mountain near their place instead. After coming down with a horrible dose of hayfever last night, I found that pretty hard going today. 1hr 20 mins straight up, 10 minutes at the top to recover and eat a sandwhich, 40 mins down. My throat and nose were really itchy, my nose started to block up, and I had trouble getting my breath. I am hoping that all the (legal) drugs I am doping myself up on will help when I try a run tomorrow. By the way, throughout all of this walk it was about 35 degrees celsius and there wasn't much shade!

It's been nice spending time with my sister and her husband - lots of good food, conversation etc. Tomorrow after I go for a run in the morning, Sis and I plan on indulging in some retail therapy. Should be good!

No comments: