Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back on the horse...

Today's run: 5.4km, 41mins 56 secs

After scoffing that entire bag of chips on Friday (I still feel bad about that), I had great intentions to run on both Saturday and Sunday. When I woke on Saturday though, it was raining, and my stomach still felt disgusting from all that food. The weather report said the rain would clear in the afternoon though, and I thought that waiting would give me a chance to digest a bit more food and I might feel better for a run in the evening. I should have known, but the weather report was very wrong! It rained, quite heavily, all day long. I don't mind going out in a shower, but heavy rain is another thing... In the evening, once I had dinner, of course it stopped, but by then it was dark, I was at my parent's place, and I was once again very full! So there's my long winded excuse for why I didn't run yesterday.

This morning when I woke up it was not raining! Yeah! However it was pretty humid, as the sun was out and sucking up all the moisture that was now in the ground after the rain... (yes folks, it's summer here!). I had planned a 5.8km route that I was going to take, however there was a path on the route that I hadn't taken before, and when I got to that point I couldn't find it! So I ended up taking a weird short / long cut, and my route ended up only 5.4km. Oh well, I was just glad I got out there in the end.

There's more showers forecast for the next week so hopefully I get some more decent runs in!

1 comment:

chia said...

I'm so jealous, it's completely frozen here. Excuses run rampant over here too, however, I'm only just up the street from my gym with indoor running track so I guess I can't complain too much. Happy training!