Thursday, January 17, 2008

A post about nothing...

Today's run: Running group, 90 mins

Today's post is a hodge podge of different things... so bear with me (or not...).

I haven't posted for a couple of days, so first of all a quick update of what I have been doing training wise for the last couple of days. Two days ago, on Tuesday, I did a 5km run. I was pretty happy with this - for a couple of reasons. First of all, it was my first 5km run that was not with my running group, so I proved to myself again that it wasn't just a fluke, and that I could do it. I also pushed myself a bit and managed to do it in a faster time than I ever used to do 5km when I was running a couple of years ago. So yeah for me! Yesterday was a cross-training day and I did about 10km on my bike. For anyone else who rides, 10km is bugger-all, but there is a big hill where I ride (I'll stop whingeing soon) and I am even newer to bike riding than I am to running. Today was my running group. Funnily enough, I drove home from it this evening thinking that I didn't feel too bad and I should have pushed myself harder, but we spent a great part of the evening running hills and flights of stairs - so maybe my quads will disagree with me and I will have worked just hard enough! On the way to my running group tonight, I again had the conversation with myself along the lines of "It's going to rain this evening" (it did, and the sprinkling was nice and cooling), "I've just done lots of working today - I'll be tired" (well I felt crappy during the warm up but ended strongly), "But I like running on my own" (yes I do, but I need someone to kick my arse every now and then because I think I let myself off the hook too much). The bunch of people who run there are great fun too, although most of them are lucky and only live 10 mins or so away (unlike the almost hour I drive...). So I'm glad I went... and I needed to document here how much I enjoyed it for next week when I am trying to talk myself out of going!

Other things to note - I had my 100th visitor last night! Congratulations Topher... for your efforts you win a link from my blog to yours! (Now don't you feel special!) I was going to arrange for those cannons to blow little bits of shiny paper all over you, but you know... Before I get too excited about 100 people having visited my blog, I guess I need to take into account the several-times-a-day that I check my blog, just to see if the counter's gone up since last time. The I also need to subtract the times that I visited my blog to purposefully increase the counter and make it look like I'm more popular than I am. So I guess the real number is probably down nearer 80... or maybe 60... or maybe 40... Whatever the real number is, I'm amazed that I have had visitors at all! Thanks, Complete Running Network!

The final thing I would like to say is that I have resolved to make my blog funnier. I have been reading lots of other running blogs as "research" (let's call it that anyway), and decided that mine is too boring. How am I doing tonight? Did I get a chuckle out of anyone?

No comments: