Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A redeeming run

Today's run: 4.8km, 37 mins 14 secs

Today I redeemed myself. Instead of piking after my 3.2km loop like I did yesterday, I continued on and made it a 4.8km run. So that was the first thing I was happy about. There were points during my run where I started to loose form a little, but not as badly as on the weekend. At the end of the run, in about the last 400m, I started running stronger, and lasted to the end of the run, which was great.

These are the kind of runs that make me feel great. I feel like I am improving on these runs, and I feel confident that (eventually) I will get better.

My confidence today is helpful, because I am entering my first 5km fun run on Saturday at a local Australia Day event. I'll be using this time to enter Vanilla's Shave Your 5K Challenge. My best ever time for a 5km a couple of years ago when I was running was 29:26. A couple of years before that when I was running I achieved 34:18. I would so love to get in under that 30 minute mark, but geez that's a lot of improvement from what I ran today... Here's hoping!

2 comments:

chia said...

Best wishes on your goal!!

Ian said...

Best of luck on your 5K!