Friday, January 4, 2008

1st Jan - Adventures in Blogging and Running

Hi all,

Well, I've never had a blog before. And I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want to read mine - I guess I am thinking that this blog will provide a record for me as I make my foray (again) into the world of running.

I run for about 14 months a couple of years ago. After a neck injury and a break from running due to a work commitment, I just sort of stopped. After piling on a few kilos and needing an outlet from work pressures, I have decided to take it up again.

I started my first run back on 22nd December 2007. I am following the Cool Running (US) C25K program. I used this last time and I found it was a great fit for me. It gets you to alternate running and walking until you build up to running 5km non stop. I'm hoping to get through the C25k program a bit quicker this time.


Since my re-starting of running coincides pretty much with New Years, I have also set myself the goal of running the City to Surf again this year, and of improving my previous time. When I was running in 2006, my efforts culminated with just under 100 minutes for the 14km City to Surf fun run. I was thrilled with that result (my goal was under 100 minutes), but I'd love to get even faster!

OK. I think that is enough of an intro for tonight.... will check back in soon and update you all on how I am going!

No comments: