Saturday, January 12, 2008

Triathletes

Today's run: 3.2 km, 25 mins 23 secs, ran continuously (no walk breaks)

Today I went out and did my usual 3.2 km loop. I was able to run the whole thing non-stop, which I was pretty pleased about! I considered adding on another half a loop, so that my run would be 4.8 km, but I decided that since I planned on running with my Running Group again on Monday, I should not kill myself with effort now, as that would be done for me on Monday afternoon!

As I ran my loop today, I was joined by about 50 or so triathletes! Whilst there is no pool or lake or anything near by, they were obviously practicing their bike and run legs. I think they were doing something like ride 2 laps, run a lap, repeat etc. Triathletes are very fit people! There were some older guys (50's or 60's) and some very young guys (10 or so) and everything in between. They certainly put my efforts to shame!

Traithlons are out of the question for me as I'm a crappy swimmer. I do have an old second hand bike though, and sometimes take it out for some cross training. Maybe one day!

1 comment:

Greg On the Run said...

Nobody put your efforts to shame! Your runs are just that - yours. And they stand alone.

Found you on the Complete Running NEtwork.