Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Undoing good works

Today's run: 24 mins 44 secs, approx 3km, Couch to 5km Week 4 Day 2
(3 mins running, 90 secs walking, 5 mins running, 2 1/2 mins walking, repeat)

Managed to get out this morning for another run whilst at Sis's. Was pretty proud of that fact too - it would have been easy to give myself another rest day and start again tomorrow when I got back home, but I didn't. My butt muscles are still sore from the mountain climb too!!!

Ran a similar route to yesterday and checked myself out again in the window of the shopfronts that I passed. I consciously tried today to pick my feet up after I put them down rather than shuffle along just grazing the surface of the pavement like a slow hovercraft. My reflection reflected an improvement in my running form - that is to say, I looked more like I was running and less like I was shuffling. There's still not much air underneath me yet, nor pace - but at least I look a bit better doing it!

On the way home from Sis's I undid all I achieved by running the last two days whilst I was visiting - when I filled up with petrol at the start of the trip (which is about 4 hours), I got myself a Mint Aero Bar (man, I love those chocolates). Then, since it was dinner time whilst I was driving I stopped halfway at McDonalds and got some fries and a quarter pounder. Bad Slow Poke, bad Slow Poke. Losing weight is NOT going to happen if I don't eat better than usual, as well as run.

No comments: