Monday, January 28, 2008

It happened!

Today's run: 5.8km, 46 mins 41 secs

That good run that I was looking for finally happened! After last nights horrible effort I got myself out of bed early (for me) this morning at 6:50 and got going for a run. I was planning on doing 5.8km, but had in mind various short cuts if I felt horrible or my back hurt again. I started ok, no aches or pains, and the great thing was, I just kept going in that same way! I didn't get an achey back, I didn't get stomach cramps, I didn't get sore shins or hips! My calves were a little tight at various parts of the run, but hey, I can live with that! I was pretty happy with the length too. I had tried this run I think last weekend, but I couldn't find one of the paths I had seen on google maps and the run I did ended up being about 400m short. I managed to do the full run today and probably could have gone a little further, but that would have broken the 10% rule, so I figured that was next weekends job. I came across the triathletes in the park I run through again this morning. They're so super fit and fast. Maybe one day.

For now, I'm happy to have gotten another good run in. I am not so down and out about the whole thing anymore. In a half an hour or so I'm going for a bike ride with my Dad. Probably not a long ride, but perhaps helping me on the way to a triathlon one day - if only I could swim better than an 8 year old!

2 comments:

chia said...

Pretty often you'll catch me saying, "training to be a triathlete was fun and all but I'll be damned before I ever get in a pool with more intention than to do the doggy paddle."

Excuse my language :-). I really do hate swimming that much.

Congrats on having happy feets :-)!!!!!

chia said...

Pretty often you'll catch me saying, "training to be a triathlete was fun and all but I'll be damned before I ever get in a pool with more intention than to do the doggy paddle."

Excuse my language :-). I really do hate swimming that much.

Congrats on having happy feets :-)!!!!!