Monday, January 7, 2008

Through the looking glass

Today's run: 24 mins 32 secs, approx 3kms, Couch to 5k Week 4 Day 1
(3 mins running, 90 seconds walking, 5 minutes running, 2 1/2 minutes walking, repeat)

Well as promised, I'm here at Sis's and managed to drag myself out of beg this morning for a run. And I did have to drag myself. Do you know how much your butt muscles hurt from walking up and down a HUGE mountain??? Well, if you haven't already gathered, it hurts a lot! At 9:15 when I made it out the door, it was also about 28 degrees celsius already, and my nose is still blocked from my allergies.

But I made it out for a run. This blog is actually good insurance for making me run - if I start missing runs now, then I have nothing to blog about! Only 24 mins today, but I made it.


The title for today's blog post comes from that exercise in vanity I'm sure everyone has done at some stage (come on, admit it!). I made the mistake of turning my head to watch my running style as I ran past a shop window. And I can tell you, it was not a pretty site. Certainly what I am doing at the moment cannot be classified as running - it's really more of a glorified shuffle. I need to start picking my feet up as I run... they must stay about a centimetre or so from the ground! Normally I run in a park near my place, so I have not had the pleasure (?) of checking out my style. Something to work on, but I am ashamed to run in public looking like that for too much longer!

My conundrum at the moment is do I get to 5km shuffling as I do, then try and pick my legs up, or would I be better to try and improve my style now?

No comments: