Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A crappy run... followed by a great ride

Today's run: 3.2km, 25 mins 17 secs

Today's run was dreadful. After feeling so great yesterday, I had legs of lead today. I couldn't get a rhythm going, I couldn't pick my legs up, I felt heavy and clunky, and got sloppy and tired and lost my form again. Whilst 3.2km is a short run by most people's standards (and even by mine now) I was pleased just to make it that far without stopping to walk.

Half an hour after my run, I met my Dad and we went for a bike ride. As a contrast to my awful run, my ride was great! I felt really good, and rode the furthest I ever have (19.2km - again short by many standards!). The hills still just about killed me, as they always do, but I felt quite comfortable during the ride.

You'd think with all this sudden increase in exercise that I would lose a kilo or two, or a cm here or there, but no. I don't suppose the whole bag of chips I ate the other day helped much, but apart from that binge, my diet hasn't been that bad... well no worse than normal anyway!

1 comment:

chia said...

I keep forgetting it's summer there :-). Good bike rides make my heart happy, I'm glad you had one!

If it makes you feel better at all, I've ran 113.25 miles (182.258km)in the last 6 weeks... and I haven't lost a single bit either. I'm going to start being a little more strict on my food logging and see if that helps out :-(. Best wishes!!!