Monday, January 14, 2008

Just catching up on some reading...

This afternoon, whilst I was waiting for my non-run with my running group (see post below!), I was sorting through some of my things (I moved about 6 months ago, and there is always that LAST box that takes forever to get unpacked!) and I found my old running logs.

So I sat and curled up on the lounge with it and read through them. I had run from the beginning of Feb '06 to about September '06. In the end I hurt my neck and couldn't run for a couple of weeks, then I never really got back to it...

It was interesting reading. I started with the couch to 5km program, and it was great reading about all my new distance milestones. There were plenty of crappy runs, and lots of days where I would have a 'twinge' on a shin, or I could 'feel' my hip, but (touch wood) I never really had any injuries. There were plenty of runs where I felt like I just couldn't pick my feet up and run any longer, but most of the time I managed to. And boy, I was slow. But it was great to read it all again and think that I could be back to doing 10-13km long runs (even if they took me almost a couple of hours!).

Certainly some food for thought there. When I came home tonight I filled in my new running log, as I usually do, but made sure I put plenty of detail in there - who knows, I might be reading them again in a couple of years! (Of course, I will still be running though! ;-) )

2 comments:

chia said...

I love putting in those entries I know I'm going to lose myself in laughter some day.

From one slow poke to another - keep smilin' :-)

Topher said...

Found you on Complete Running. Your visitor counter says I'm the 100th visitor! Do I win anything?

I chuckled at your description of your aches and pains from the past; I sometimes wonder when I think I'm dying at the finish of a run if I'll look back when crossing the finish line of a race and think "what a wuss!"

Topher
www.illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com